What is cloud computing? Definition of Cloud computing?
Cloud computing is internet based computing which shared computing resources like applications, computing storage, networking, servers, deployment platforms, business processes, and services.
How Does Cloud computing use? Reasons for using cloud computing? Categories of Cloud computing?
According to services and uses cloud computing grouped into three categories:
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): It is a pay per model in which different services such as hardware, software, networking, storage, data center space are delivered on demand. The customer can deploy, run and control over operating system and application software, but does not manage or control over underlying cloud infrastructure.
Who uses the Iaas? Users of Iaas? Who is interested in Iaas?
Amazon web services, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine (GCE), DigitalOcean, Linode, and Rackspace etc.
Advantages of Iaas? Benefits of using Iaas?
- It is cost reducing because instead of installing the required resources in data center, they hire/rented the required resources.
- You can create many virtual systems within a single physical system which is cost saving and increase the efficiency of the organization.
- Almost Limitless compute and storing power.
- The need of building new infrastructure is reduced because of increase demand of resources.
- The cost of capital expenditure of establishing the large system is saved that remains under utilized most of the year.
- The organization focus its time and cost on business growth instead of spending money, Time and energy on technology.
- The system is scalable and flexible because it is ready as and when you need.
- The time and resources on hardware maintenance and labor cost of checking and operating the system also reduced.
2: Platform as a Service(PaaS): In a Platform software and an environment is encapsulated and offered as a service. On this, the customer can build his higher level application and can run on provider infrastructure. The platform is used to design, develop, built and test the applications using programming language and tools supported by the provider.
Predefined Operating systems and applications are provided by the PaaS providers.
Who use PaaS? Users of PaaS? Who is interested in PaaS?
Window Azure, Google App Engine, Force.Com, BeanStalk, Apache Stratos, OpenShift, Heroku etc.
Advantages of Pass? Why use PaaS? Benefits of using PaaS?
- Low cost because software and infrastructure
isgiven by the provider.
- The user has
freedomto build higher levelapplications.
- PaaS facilitates deploying
applicationwithout complexityof buying underlying hardware and Software where application arehosted.
- The developer
donot need to know the lower level detail of the environment.
- The installation and operational burden of an organization
- The PaaS provides the easy development services like build, test, repository.
- The PaaS system often simple to use, business/organization do not need to employ specialists to develop their app.
- The user has
3: Software as Service (SaaS): High Scalable internet based application is provided to the consumer on a cloud infrastructure or offered as a service to end user. The consumer can use the application from different client devices such as web browser, but cannot control the under laying cloud infrastructure like network, server, storage, operating system etc.
Who use the Saas: Google App, DropBox, SaleForce, Cisco WebEX, GoToMeeting etc.
Advantages of SaaS? Why use SaaS? Benefits of using SaaS?
- Single application needs to be hosted and maintained so investment cost is lowered.
- A single instance runs and multiple users are serviced.
- Customer gets services on demand.
- Software already installed and configured application ready for use, so time is reduced to get benefit.
- The cost and effort for upgrade and new release is less.
- The level of services are guaranteed
- Work anywhere in the world with internet connection.
- The benefit of backup and data recovery can also available.
- Deployment is very easy because you need only web browser and internet access.